September 30, 2024, 01:27:42 PM

News:

Be sure to checkout our Vixen interfaces in the Library forum -- if you want PC automation at near zero cost, EFX-TEK and Vixen is a great combination of tools.

suggestion for the next revision

Started by ufo8mycow, November 01, 2007, 10:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ufo8mycow

I dont know if you are planing on doing another revision of the prop1 any time soon but I would like to make a suggestion if you do. The only complaint that I have is that there is only one posative terminal and it was a challange to get all of the wires into it. would it be possible to add one or two more of them?

gadget-evilusions

What I do to combat this problem is put one 16ga wire into the terminal a couple inches long, and then wire nut all the wires that need +V to the 16ga wire.
Brian
Evilusions LLC
www.evilusions.com for all your pneumatic components

JonnyMac

November 01, 2007, 10:20:55 AM #2 Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 12:33:34 AM by JonnyMac
I know it sounds like a simple addition, and we did that when we created the Prop-2 and Prop-SX; that said, adding one or two more terminals to the Prop-1 would grow the size of the board, which means and new PCB layout, new checks on the layout, new manufacturing setup (a lot of it is automated to keep the cost down)... so you see, while we could do it, we'd be forced to raise the price of the board (something we should have done already, but are loath to do as we really want to help home haunters). 
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

QPQ

UFO -

Another possible solution would be a small scrap of perf board and an 8 terminal strip of PC Board Terminals (Such as Radio Shack 276-1388). These look just about like the out screw terminals on the Prop-1, etc.

Run a jump wire like Gadget mentioned across all the pins on the bottom side and there you have it - 8 screw terminal power taps on top.

Have fun-
Ron

ufo8mycow

I have thought of adding another board or a euro terminal strip but I prefer to have a cleaner look to my projects but I completely understand about the price and I think all of us apreciate the low cost of these boards so I guess I will have to deal with it.