September 30, 2024, 10:14:59 PM

News:

You can now use Vixen to program your Prop-1 and Prop-2 controllers!  Get started quickly and easily, without having to learn PBASIC.  Details in the Library forum.

fc-4 & Homework board

Started by nhphantom, December 16, 2007, 05:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhphantom

Hi

I would like to know if the FC-4 boards will work with the home work boards we as I already have some that I purchased from Paralax thru ebay.  If you could reply to my e-mail which is nhphantom@comcast.net.

Thank you David Warren

JonnyMac

Yes, but you'll need to create a mechanical connection in the breadboard area.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

nhphantom

Jon,  Thank you for your reply, can you give a little more detail on what I need for a mechanical connection or point me in the right direction.  I know I will probably need to use the male to male headers to hook the wires in and they look similar to those used on a servo. I am not sure if this is what you were talking about and how to hook it up.  I am pretty sure that either the white or yellow wire is for signal and are the other two for power or am I totally off base. 

Thank you David Warren

JonnyMac

If you have a 3-in male-male header (Parallax provides them with some kits) then you're good to go.  Use P15 as your serial output to the FC-4; connect this to the white wire of the servo extender cable (we provide with the FC-4).  Connect the black wire to Vss (ground) on the HWB.  Don't connect the red wire to anything -- it is not needed by the FC-4 or HWB.
Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office