September 28, 2024, 09:26:21 PM

News:

Got VSA?  Want to use your Prop-SX?  Now you can!  See the VSA section of the Library forum for Prop-SX code that works with VSA.

Kobalt Portable Compressed CO2 Regulator

Started by clinefx1, June 20, 2007, 11:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clinefx1

So we just discovered this Kobalt portable bottle reg.  It uses a co2 tank (the kind paint ball guns use) and so far it's very impressive.  We're using them for portable pneumatics right now.  But the possibilities are endless.  Lowes has them for $100.00. http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=166441-61735-J-6901-100&lpage=none    

- Chris

Tim-M

Thanks for letting us know about this regulator Chris!  Do you know what the maximum input pressure is?

Tim

clinefx1

This reg is fed by a small paint ball gun tank. Tank pressures run between 800psi to about 2000psi depending on fill and temperature.  However, the reg is  just like the one   on a regular air compressor and is settable between 0psi and 120psi (I think).  We're currently using a few of them to run small rams that are located in places where running air lines are impracticable.     

-Chris

Tim-M

That's good news and also what I was hoping for.  I have a portable table-top style machine design and an idea for a simular sized piece of kinetic sculpture that I'd like use pneumatic components in, and this regulator could be just the ticket to allow that to happen.

Thanks,

Tim

JonnyMac

Jon McPhalen
EFX-TEK Hollywood Office

clinefx1

Your local paint ball supply store can refill them. We keep a large Co2 siphon tank on the truck and use that. Also in a pinch we have an adaptor to fill from a co2 fire extinguisher. 

-Chris